[csw-maintainers] libcairo failing to build on build8x

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 26 09:45:03 CEST 2009

Hi John,

Am 26.07.2009 um 01:46 schrieb John Ellson:
>> That error is from gcc

No, it is from GAR and it is normal when you build 64 bit.

> No, its from the Sun Studio builds on build8x exactly as Dago had it
> before.
> All I'm doing is enabling the SVG backend and rebuilding.
>
> The trick seems to be:
>
> 	build8x $ gmake clean
> 	build8x $ gmake build-isa-i386
> 	build10x $ gmake merge

You should merge the 32 bit build on Solaris 8 or you may
get errors on usage later. I clarified this on
   <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/Building%20for%20multiple%20ISAs

That is
   build8x $ gmake clean
   build8x $ gmake merge
   build10x $ gmake merge
   build8x $ ENABLE_CHECK=0 gmake package

> 	/build8s $ gmake clean
> 	build8s $ gmake
> 	build8s $ gmake package

You could skip the 'gmake' and do 'gmake package' right away