[csw-maintainers] Updated libiconv in testing, testing appreciated

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jul 26 17:49:31 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 02:28:23PM +0200, Sebastian Kayser wrote:

> Upstream name is libiconv, right now we have it as CSWiconv (pkgname) and
> libiconv (swname). Would be nice to have CSWlibiconv and libiconv instead
> to match the upstream name (see my previous attempt), [...]
>  Thus it is less hassle to just
> leave the package name as CSWiconv and change its software name to iconv
> (implies that libiconv as software name is dropped from the catalog)?

true, that is the least hassle thing to do.
Howeer, I think that it is nice that the swname matches the upstream name
"libiconv".

And going the other way, changing the PKG name, of such an oooold, and
crucial package, makes me shudder to think about it.
[by neccessity, it was one of the very first packages built and released, ever]
I'd rather we just leave well enough alone and not change either.