[csw-maintainers] php_mode for emacs

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 28 20:25:44 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue Jul 28 14:13:21 -0400 2009:

> let me repeat:
>
> "any package should be in EITHER testing, OR newpkgs. never both."
>
> Once you have decided a package is ready for release, then it doesnt
> belong in testing any more. testing, is for pre-release packages.

Well yes, that's all well and good, but sometimes 'bad things happen'
and the copy from newpkgs/ gets rm'd before it is released.  Since I
wouldn't want to store a copy in my local ~/, I leave the copy in
testing/ until it gets released.  This saves me work in the event of
mishaps.

If the release process were such that things like the above didn't
happen, I'd be happy to squish the package from testing after I've
placed it in newpkgs/.

Maybe a cron job to rm files in testing older than 30 days?  (With an
exclusion list?)

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.