[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 10:39:53 CEST 2009

Hello maintainers,

I've written a draft of a design to deploy a continuous build system
on the buildfarm, using buildbot. The draft can be found here:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/buildbot

I have a proof of concept running on my workstation at work, with an
IRC interface 'cswbb' present on the #opencsw channel on Freenode. A
couple points based on questions from Dago:

- buildbot can handle parallel builds on the buildfarm, by running
different builds in different subdirectories
- buildbot automatically picks up changes from the repository, there's
no hand-scheduling needed
- buildbot can report the status via http, email and irc
- it runs as a headless daemon

More details, including a deployment plan is in the design draft.

Thoughts?