[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 11:00:45 CEST 2009

"Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> - buildbot can handle parallel builds on the buildfarm, by running
> different builds in different subdirectories

This should be done on a different system than that used for day to day
work. I don't want to be penalised by gcc, OpenOffice and other monsters
being built the same time that I wish to build a new package.

> - buildbot automatically picks up changes from the repository, there's
> no hand-scheduling needed

This is true only for "garified" packages. Is there a plug-in for other
kind of build?

> - buildbot can report the status via http, email and irc

This is good and can be useful for any build. It's a missing feature on
the current build farms.

> Thoughts?

See above.

--