[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 16:20:23 CEST 2009

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Fri Jul 31 07:25:01 -0400 2009:
>
>> - If you are not using GAR, please also check in the source to
>>   mgar/pkg/<pkg>/trunk/legacy/ so it is properly archived. Missing
>>   build descriptions on maintainers leaving is a hard thing to cope
>>   with. IMHO it should be policy that no package is published
>>   without the recipe committed to the repository.
>
> +1 for this.  If you're still a GAR-o-phobe, at least commit the
> manual build scripts, patches, instructions etc so that knowledge
> doesn't get lost...[The svn-o-phobe's may not like this. <grin>]

Yeah, when all the methods, procedures and tools involved in our
processes are documented it'll be reasonable to ask. Until then, you are
free to look in my home directory on the build stack, where everything
is open.

I know recipes for RPM's, DEB's, &c. What's a recipe from the point of
view of gar? Can you show me one?
--
Peter