[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 16:25:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Peter FELECAN<pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

>>> Maybe. But not on the effective build stack, please.
>>
>> Where are large packages currently built? I thought that all packages
>> must be built on the buildfarm. Next time there's an on-going
>> compilation of a large package, we can do the measurements.
>
> Some weeks ago we had I/O issues when gcc3, OpenOffice and Firefox where
> built in the same period. What I'm saying, is *automatic build must be
> done on a different hardware stack*

buildbot won't build more than one package on a single system. It
might build more than on the same hardware, because it doesn't know
about the VM layout.

>> The GAR packages will be the main focus now, since they comprise about
>> 91% builds (that I know of, that is, ~1083 out of ~1186). Once we're
>> there, we can extend support to other build sources. Of course, it
>> would make it easier to implement if a code repository was available
>> to buildbot.
>
> Are you sure for the figures above?

Do you want to argue about the figures? :-)

I counted the packages I knew about: the number of subdirectories in
mgar/pkg, plus mgar/pkg/cpan, plus number of packages listed on your
maitainer page. Feel free to offer better figures! :-)