[csw-maintainers] Buildbot

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 31 21:10:09 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Peter FELECAN<pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> I've split the thread about the build systems into another one, and
>> I'd like to go back to the buildbot topic. Are there any comments
>> about the design or deployment plan?
>
> Split or not split, my comments are valid for this
> discussion. Consequently, please take into account this design
> requirements:
>
> 1. The buildbot deployment must be done on a separate hardware from that
>   used for the regular, "manual", builds.

This requirement might be a showstopper here. Can we trade it for a
restricted set of packages to build, avoiding the large ones?

> 2. Other build systems that gar must be able to use the deployed
>   "automatic" build infrastructure using buildbot.

The infrastructure will be actually automatic, not "automatic". ;-)

I've updated the wiki. Buildbot essentially needs to know what shell
command to run in the top package directory. I don't care what it is,
as long as there's a reliable discovery method of what should that
command be.