[csw-maintainers] Anyone successfully downloaded gnulib? Download problems here.

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 1 12:21:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

has anyone successfully cloned the gnulib git repository? When i try to
follow the download instructions from their homepage [1] the clone
operation times out.

# git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnulib.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /root/tmp/gnulib/.git/
cdgit.savannah.gnu.org[0: 199.232.41.69]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)

I am doing this from my home box, i.e. there is no proxy required and no
restrictive firewall in between.

Sebastian

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/