[csw-maintainers] mantis config change?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 9 14:31:15 CEST 2009

Mike Watters wrote:
> Ben Walton wrote:
>> Is there an option in Mantis to have only the most recent note and/or
>> status change be displayed in the email?  I find the output of
>> concatenated notes rather nasty (and most times not required).
>>
>> Would others be in favour of this change if the option exists?
>
> +1
> I have to agree with you Ben,  most of the time you only need the last
> comment. and since the email contains a direct link to the mantis bug,
> the entire chain IMO is not needed.

It has been a while since this was requested and i am happy to say
that it is now implemented.

It is actually a user-specific setting (My account -> Preferences ->
E-mail Notes Limit) which wasn't used by anyone until now. I have now set
this to 1 for all existing users and adjusted the configuration so that
new users will also have this set to 1. In case someone wants to go back
to the old "all bugnotes in a notification" behavior, just set the value
to 0.

I have also dropped the bug history from the bottom of the
notifications. This way there is no distracting text below the bug note;
the bug note (the essential part of the notification) can thus be easily
identified. For an example bug note, see

   http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/bug-notifications/2009-June/001324.html

Thoughts, ideas? Just let me know.

Sebastian