[csw-maintainers] Bugtracker (Mantis) patched for performance, feedback welcome

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 12 01:55:49 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

i have patched a Mantis test installation today to improve the long page
load times we have been seeing. A couple of features that we don't use
as of yet (sub-projects, private projects, product versions) have been
de-facto deactivated as a result of this. The changes are targeted at
data display only and should be non-disruptive.

The patched version is available at [1], if some of you guys could have
a look and check whether something obvious feels wrong to you i would
appreciate it. Heads up!: it works with our live bug data and sends out
bug update notifications, so don't just close or delete random bugs.

I will be on vacation until Sunday. Pending some feedback and finishing
touches i aim to patch the productive installation early next week.

If you spot pages that still feel overly sluggish to you, let me know.
Note that this is a first attempt at improving performance. In case we
might need one of the now missing features, we can always revisit the
changes.

Sebastian

[1] http://opencsw.org/mantis-test/