[csw-maintainers] Exim and SMF

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jun 12 22:24:27 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 03:19:08PM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jun 12 13:22:16 -0400 2009:
> > yeah.... what I think would benefit us, would be if the cswinitsmf class,
> > came with an additional util script, to enable things after the fact.
>
> It doesn't really need to, unless I'm misunderstanding you.  After
> cswinitsmf is done its job, the service can be started with a simple
> command after placing appropriate config files in place.  As far as I
> can see, the manifest gets imported and any init scripts installed.
> The state of the service after that depends on the csw.conf settings.
>
> Am I missing your point?

yes, i think so :-)

such a script has multiple uses.
One,is like the exim case mentioned. Otheres, are when you nfs-share out
/opt/csw.
Or, replicate it.

Most people on this list wouldnt think of doing that sort of thing.
But a lot of large places, DO do that sort of thing.

there are a few other reasons too i think, but I'm writing in a hurry :)