[csw-maintainers] Adjusting $(DIRPATHS) for sparse zones support with shared /opt

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 14 15:53:54 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Dagobert Michelsen<dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Well, in gar.conf.mk the definitions for the directories are conditional,
> that means you can safely set
>  sysconfdir = /etc/opt/csw
>  localstatedir = /var/opt/csw
> and everything should be fine. We could make it the default, but I am
> afraid that this may break existing build descriptions.

You could grep for /opt/csw/var instances in all the build files and
replace them accordingly. I see two main issues:

- potential problems will be seen at runtime, not at the time of packaging
- already installed programs will have their data in /opt/csw/var,
some form of data migration might be necessary

Perhaps focus on just few important packages would be enough. Postfix
and cups come to mind.