[csw-maintainers] Adjusting $(DIRPATHS) for sparse zones support with shared /opt

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Jun 17 15:47:45 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:08:56AM +0200, Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > Sometimes, it is DESIRABLE to have the configs globally in /opt/csw/etc.
>
> Does "desirable" go hand in hand with the core notion of this thread to
> change the default $(sysconfdir) to /etc/opt/csw? Have all configuration
> files in /etc/opt/csw eventually unless a maintainer decides otherwise
> for his packages?

"defaults" are usually set to be whatever is used most commonly.
my non-quantified belief is that most of our packages that have config
files, are/should have them in /etc/opt/csw
If so, then the default should point to there.

> And this leaves the user at the point that i mentioned initially. "Mhh,
> there are configuration files in two places. Where is the one for
> package foo located?".

a good point. I'll update our User guide to mention to check both
locations.