[csw-maintainers] package hooks

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 25 15:39:49 CEST 2009

Hi Ben,

Am 25.06.2009 um 15:18 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Are there points of discussion before it gets 'adopted' though?
> Should install be differentiated from upgrade?  Should the hooks run
> per-package?  Are there any other useful points that should be hooked?

I guess we should talk about arguments passed, like the package name
of the package currently modified. Additionally we should have a
package "update hook" (useful for nginx, which allows uninterrupted
update)
and a "package purge hook" which brings the system to a pristine state
before package installation.