[csw-maintainers] Minor web site change?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 25 15:43:08 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Thu Jun 25 09:26:45 -0400 2009:

> last version of it, i.e. SUN Studio 12. May I suggest to have a ballot
> on this issue?

I think a vote is in order too.

Personally, I'll hate to lose sol8 support as I'm still running a few
8 boxes that depend on CSW.  That being said, I think I'd still vote
to drop the support, since keeping it allows people to continue
hobbling along on the same crutch forever.

Losing official support from CSW does not preclude individual sites
building packages against the last released packages for 8 either, so
just like running an unsupported OS, people can continue to run an
unsupported CSW.  Maybe somebody will spawn a CSW Legacy project ala
the now defunct Fedora Legacy project.

[I'm hoping to be completely moved away from 8 by the end of the
summer, but we'll see.]

Just my $0.02 CDN.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.