[csw-maintainers] Zope in the package repository

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 26 19:00:47 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Nicolai Schwindt's message of Fri Jun 26 12:50:54 -0400 2009:
> Even Zope 3.4 fails with python 2.6, it even fails with
> /usr/bin/python.

Yes, Zope is rather stinky in this regard.

> Maybe the package should be pulled off the catalog ?
>
> I am thinking of building python 2.4.6 together with zope 3.4.
> Would it be a good idea to package both in /opt/csw/zope3 ?

There is a 'Unified Installer' for Plone that bundles the required
(and tested combinations of) python, python egg libraries, zope and
plone install a single installation point.  Is there something similar
for just Zope?  If so, that might be the way to go in this case.  It's
similar to what you're proposing, but if the work and testing is
already done, it should save you some time.

We're using the Plone bundled option here and it works well for our
needs...

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.