[csw-maintainers] another bug in upstream.

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Jun 28 21:55:52 CEST 2009

Hi Mike
> I received an upgrade notice for GD ( pasted below )

Thanks for the bug report. I'll try to fix it in the next days. I am
currently changing several things to uwatch to handle this kind of
problem, and a adding a few missing features.

> I am the GD maintainer, however all the links to the download location are for
> the pm_gd to which I am not the maintainer. ( I believe it was Alex who is
> retired.)
>
> Further investigation showed me that I do in fact have the latest "stable"
> release of GD packaged, but the perl module is what is in need of upgrade.
>     GD-2.43.tar.gz is the filename of pm_gd
>     gd-2.0.35.tar.gz is the filename of gd
>
> note the regex for upstream watch should be the same.
>
> I have no solution off hand to this bug, but I will take a look when I get a
> few spare cycles.
the  problem is not the regexp used by uwatch, but the same Phil already
reported before. Both package have the same GARNAME. The perl module
should be renamed to have a different GARNAME (actually pm_gd garname is
GD, and gd garname is gd).

Since pm_gd is orphaned, i'll fix this package in the next days.

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net