[csw-maintainers] New package, djbdns, and update package, rl, in testing...

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 4 14:49:52 CET 2009

Hi

One new package, the evil/virtuous djbdns. This love-it-or-loathe-it job has
been done to satisfy a need I have, and AFAIK is on a CSW wish list I saw
somewhere; it's just the binaries, none of the myriad of servers that are
included are configured or started. I think this fit with policy as none of
them work without custom config anyway. Note this installs entirely in
/opt/csw, as we are free to ignore djbs install instructions as he has
finally placed the software in the public domain. I'm not sure if to declare
a dependency on ucspi-tcp and daemontools, as it is theoretically possible
to run this binaries without the rest of the djbware, but in practice no-one
does.

One updated package, the trivial rl (randomize lines) has a version bump.
Use this to mash up your log files for fun and profit.

Both were build from gar on the bo farm. Sparc and x86 binaries are now
sitting in /home/testing for you cogitate over...

Feedback welcome,

Gary

--
Gary Law