[csw-maintainers] Thematics March: Moving to GAR

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 5 00:47:03 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> March has arrived and I am mentoring the thematics
>
>    Moving Packages to GAR
>
> As a starter I have some requests to William :-) You have done
> the upstream watch and it would be a good start if we knew which
> packages are currently build with GAR and which are not. Then
> we can work on moving stuff in.
>
> Personally, I will concentrate on a GAR package and updating the
> GAR docs. Please don't expect miracles here as I my time is
> currently quite limited.

With regards to docs, i have started a GAR variable reference:

  http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=GAR_Variable_Reference

So if you are having a look at another GAR Makefile and wondering
"what is he doing there?", give the reference a try. I found it
helpful as a support tool for people just learning GAR (helps to
read existing Makefiles).

The reference is written with the current mGAR v2 in mind (i.e. it
likely contains stuff that is _not_ supported in other GAR versions).

Feel free to add additional information.

Sebastian