[csw-maintainers] Upstream check when GARNAME is not part of the package name

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 6 01:19:40 CET 2009

When making a upstream check ("gmake check-upstream") for package wmf,
there is a problem since the CSW package name (wmf) doesn't match the
sourceforge package name (libwmf), so check-upstream picks the wrong
package (in this case "wv") and thus wrongly tells me that there is a
newer package file to download.

Relevant variables from Makefile:
GARNAME = wmf
GARVERSION = 0.2.8.4
SF_PROJ = wvware
MASTER_SITES = $(SF_MIRRORS)
DISTFILES  = libwmf-$(GARVERSION).tar.gz
DISTNAME = libwmf-$(GARVERSION)
UPSTREAM_MASTER_SITES = $(SF_PROJECT_SHOWFILE)=10501
UPSTREAM_USE_SF = 1
UFILES_REGEX = (\d+(?:\.\d+)*)

The output from "gmake check-upstream" is:
wmf : new upstream files available: 1.2.4
which is a reference to wv-1.2.4.tar.gz (not libwmf-0.2.8.4.tar.gz which
I want)

What changes do I need to make in order to get the upstream check to
work in this case?