[csw-maintainers] Python 2.6 and mod_python

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 7 20:35:16 CET 2009

rupert THURNER wrote:
> many thanks, you hacker :) checked it into
> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/mod_python/trunk.
>
> built it on 8x, 8s, 10x, 10s and:

You shouldn't need to build on all machines. For 32-Bit builds, building
on build8x and build8s is sufficient. For 64-Bit builds you would need
build10x also.

For 32-Bit builds only rare cases like top make it necessary to build on
all releases IIRC.

> Cross-referencing indexes...
>   found SUNWcslx for libc.so.1
>   found SUNWcslx for libdl.so.1
>   found SUNWcslx for libnsl.so.1
>   found SUNWcslx for libpthread.so.1
>   found CSWpython for libpython2.6.so.1.0
>   found SUNWcslx for libresolv.so.2
>   found SUNWcslx for librt.so.1
>   found SUNWcslx for libsocket.so.1
> SUGGESTION: you may want to add some or all of the following as depends:
>    (Feel free to ignore SUNW or SPRO packages)
>> SUNWcslx
> WARNING: found binaries in normal bin dir that are V8+
>         [package] complete for mod_wsgi.
>
> do you do anything about this as well, or you just leave it? i suppose
> i have to copy the packages into home testing, isn't it?

In general: Don't ignore it. This warning comes from checkpkg because
V8+ binaries shouldn't go into our packages.

See http://opencsw.org/standards/build:
If you are using newer compilers than studio8, you must specify
-xarch=v8, otherwise it will generate code that will not run on some of
the older, yet still supported, sparc platforms.

Usually GAR sets the right -xarch via CFLAGS for you. If CFLAGS is
ignored / overridden by the software you are trying to build you need to
work around it.

In your case the module looks fine (just built it myself) and checkpkg
just needs a small tweak to deal with packages that don't have a bin
directory. So this time, ignore it. ;)

Sebastian