[csw-maintainers] Upstream check when GARNAME is not part of the package name

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 8 04:20:11 CET 2009

Roger Håkansson wrote:
> When making a upstream check ("gmake check-upstream") for package wmf,
> there is a problem since the CSW package name (wmf) doesn't match the
> sourceforge package name (libwmf), so check-upstream picks the wrong
> package (in this case "wv") and thus wrongly tells me that there is a
> newer package file to download.

Another question regarding upstream checks.

I guess there is no way of getting the current upstream check to work on
projects like net-snmp where upstream keeps releasing patched versions
of old packages?

(net-snmp current release is 5.4.2.1, but from the main download page,
the latest released package is 5.3.3pre1)