[csw-maintainers] Thematics March: Moving to GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 9 15:41:50 CET 2009

Hi Rupert,

Am 07.03.2009 um 16:32 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> updating the gar docs is great! i am especially missing a "gar build
> and delivery from the beginning to the end for dummies" ... because
> technical difficulties in the middle are very friendly answered in the
> mailing list :)

Despite the lack of this information I hope the questions on start and
end are answered equally friendly ;-)

> btw, i also found recently https://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar which
> i find even more helpful as you have the wiki changes and the package
> changes in timeline, and immediately see what somebody else changed to
> fix a problem. one can also directly link into the code. i created an
> example here: https://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/wiki/VariableReference
> .

The Trac timeline is indeed very useful. The docs were initially in
Trac-format, but at the time of project creation there was simply no
Trac support in SourceForge, only MediaWiki. Therefore I converted
the docs to that format. Personally I like the Trac wiki better for
the reasons you already outlined, but I don't feel like converting
the docs back *again* :-P If you would volunteer to do so I'm all in
favor of doing it, but I fear of having even more distributed
information as we already have
   www.opencsw.org
   wiki.opencsw.org
   gar.opencsw.org (MediaWiki)
   gar.opencsw.org (Trac)
Consolidating this in the New Website(tm) would be of help here.