[csw-maintainers] /testing dbus 1.2.12

Chad Harp harpchad at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 12 18:36:13 CET 2009

I attempted to install the dbus that's currently in testing, but I ran
into some issues:

Processing package instance <CSWdbus> from
</var/pkg-get/downloads/dbus-1.2.12,REV=2009.03.10-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz.tmp>

dbus - DBus Message Bus System(sparc) 1.2.12,REV=2009.03.10

Please see /opt/csw/share/doc/dbus/license for license information
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
    7 package pathnames are already properly installed.
## Verifying package dependencies.
pkgadd: ERROR: unknown dependency type specified: a

pkgadd: ERROR: unknown dependency type specified: a

Looks like the depend file has two bad lines:

application CSWexpat       expat - XML Parser Toolkit
P CSWlibdbus libdbus - DBus Message Bus System libraries
application CSWcswclassutils     cswclassutils - CSW class action utilities
P CSWcommon common - common files and dirs for CSW packages

Do you want to continue with the installation of <CSWdbus> [y,n,?] y
## Verifying disk space requirements.
## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.

The following files are already installed on the system and are being
used by another package:
   /etc/rc3.d <attribute change only>
   /opt/csw/var/lib <attribute change only>

* - conflict with a file which does not belong to any package.

Looks like it's putting files/links in /etc:

1 d none /etc/opt/csw/init.d 0755 root bin
1 f cswinitsmf /etc/opt/csw/init.d/cswdbus 0755 root bin 1434 38828
1236666950
1 d none /etc/rc3.d 0755 root bin
1 s cswinitsmf /etc/rc3.d/S52cswdbus=../init.d/cswdbus