[csw-maintainers] test sqlite, subversion, python, trac, mod_wsgi: pysqlite2 missing, mercurial maybe missing

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 15 17:13:32 CET 2009

rupert THURNER wrote:
> i tested the versions on testing by upgrading our trac installation.
> the following happened:
>
> * pysqlite2 does not match the sqlite version any more
>   therefor trac does not run

I will fix the pysqlite2 package,  the "old library" didn't get included for some reason, I will fix that.

> * python eggs needed to be reinstalled with easy_install.
>   they were in lib/python, now they are in lib/python2.6
>   (but i guess this should not be a real problem ...
>   even if it would be nice to know why it happens)
prefix/lib/python is a non-standard location for python installs.  I packaged it up standard.
the "new version" should allow for eggs in prefix/lib/python.  During the packaging,
I "patched" site.py ( the extension that tells python where all the eggs are ) to search the as follows:

lib/python2.6/site-packages:lib/python/site-packages:lib/python2.5/site-python:\
lib/python2.3/site-python:lib/python2.1/site-python:lib/python/site-python

are your eggs in /usr/lib/python or ...python/site-packages?

> * subversion seems to work basically (did not test interfaces, like
> java, ruby, ..)
> * mod_wsgi worked with mercurial (did not use
>   the opencsw mercurial though ...)
>
> ad mercurial: would it make sense to package a mercurial.wsgi script
> as well? if yes, where would one put it? its basically a 5 line thing
> created by looking at
> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/modwsgi.

I am not familiar with mercurial, but normally you would add it to the mercurial
package as mercurial.wsgi.CSW and put it in the proper location within the package.
leaving it disabled in the config.

> rupert.

please submit bug reports for these issues.

- --
Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist