[csw-maintainers] Which packages are in GAR?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 16 23:11:28 CET 2009

William Bonnet schrieb:
>> Nice, is it updated automatically?
> Yes it is

How often? :)

>> Is there a breakdown by maintainer so
>> that everyone can check whether his packages in GAR are already
>> correctly
>> picked up by these statistics?
>>
> Soon :)
> I work on a more complete version. I choosed to released it soon, so you
> have a first list of the package to move.

Yep, that's good. Thank you for working on it.

> Then i'll add more information, including packages owned by retired
> maintainers.
>> What do you think about sending an email to each maintainer asking to
>> move
>> their builds to GAR in case they haven't done so already (including some
>> pointers/links to help them get started)?
> Sure, but first we need more documentation on GAR. Same for uwatch...

Anyone working on the GAR docs right now? If not and you guys don't mind i
would revamp the Wiki a bit so that is easier for GAR beginners to find
the information they are looking for.

Specifically i though about two things: 1) Reordering stuff on the main
page and adding some descriptions so that you better know what a topic is
about. 2) Adding a _brief_ quickstart HOWTO for using GAR (reusing some
info from the Tutorial).

>> I guess not everyone is reading
>> here on a regular basis (and thus is aware that builds should be moved
>> GAR).
>>
> It is good idea. Do you think guys i should send it soon ? (let say this
> week end, time to fix a few things in my script)

I don't think everything needs to be 100% perfect. When people start
working with GAR now they can easily pick up improvements in upstream
watch et al. later.

Sebastian