[csw-maintainers] Packaging work

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 17 22:15:59 CET 2009

Hi,

good news everyone! Ken Mays is back and offered to update our KDE:

Am 17.03.2009 um 17:15 schrieb ken mays:
> Actually, I've been examining the merging of packages into your
> system which requires knowledge of mGAR v2 which is taking me awhile
> to go through.

Just jump in and commit what you have! Most questions will be answered
very politely on the maintainers list within hours.

> Once I finish going through all of your documentation on mGAR and
> can get
> a snapshot of your packages then I can work on building and updating
> my packages. My priority is KDE.

Great :-) All package descriptions are available anonymously from
SourceForge SVN.

> Is there a DVD someone can send me of your packages in the unstable
> or stable tree?

I guess not, but why do you need that? Just pick a mirror and
get what you need:
   <http://opencsw.org/mirrors>

Am 17.03.2009 um 18:30 schrieb ken mays:
> Where is GCC 4.3.3?? I am reviewing how to update my packages on
> OpenCSW
> for AMD64 builds and we need GCC 4.3.x.
>
> Will this be available soon???

I guess so, Mike is making a new release with full 64 bit support.
Mike, do you have a timeframe?