[csw-maintainers] A bit of a problem, help wanted

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 19 13:15:14 CET 2009

Hi Roger,

Am 19.03.2009 um 13:05 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
> I'm trying to package the latest version of netsnmp but I've
> stumbled upon a bit of a problem.
>
> First I tried on my own two build machines (a sparc and a x86 both
> running Solaris8) and got the sparc done, but on my x86 several of
> the tests core dumps.
>
> So then I tried on the build farm, but there I got the exact same
> problem both on x86 and sparc: the perl modules get linked against
> the installed libraries and not my newly built ones and (at least
> thats why I think) the perl test fails.
>
> Anyone got a clue how to manipulate the output (in this case the
> link arguments) in the makefiles that get generated from Makefile.PL
> (without actually generate then, edit and commit them into gar-svn)?

This is done inside the Makefile. You have basically three options:

1. Understand what is going on in the Makefile and make sure the first
-L...
    points to your newly build libraries
2. Build a wrapper for 'cc' which reorders the -L arguments
    (Thanks James for the cool idea!)
3. Test it on a private machine to make sure it works and disable tests
    on the build farm