[csw-maintainers] gcc4 update

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 20 09:11:04 CET 2009

Hi Chad,

Am 20.03.2009 um 00:48 schrieb Chad Harp:
> On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:41 PM, Mike Watters wrote:
>> my plan is to run through the gcc test suite over the weekend.
>>

> Dago, I know it's not something we want to do often, but perhaps
> this would qualify for some temporary zones so we can test along
> side the existing version?

Sure, I can make Sparc zones very easily. However, build8x
is a physical machine (you don't want to see a picture of
it - trust me!) and even setting this one up was a pain.
build9x and build10x are both VMware ESX VMs, but build10x
is not zoned - building is currently done in the global zone.
This may have not been a good idea as I see now.

So, setting up build build10s-gcc4 and build8s-gcc4 is easy,
build10x-gcc4 is some work and build8x-gcc4 is hard work.

Now which ones do you need?