[csw-maintainers] CSWautogen and texinfo sbin/mkdirentries

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 09:56:35 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 23.03.2009 um 09:26 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> CSWtexinfo is in GAR, isn't it? In this case whats the causal link
> between that and this? Maybe the custom script should not be in
> CSWtexinfo --- it's a helper for OpenCSW.

Programs dropping .info-files in the directory for texinfo needs to
register these pages in the texinfo startpage. This can either be
done on a per-package basis with cswclassutils (I already filed
a feature request in cswclassutils) which is also the best solution
or by calling the custom-script from texinfo "mkdirentries" which
walks through all nodes and builds this startpage. As there are
already some (don't know how many) packages using this mechanism
I rather reinstate the old behaviour until all other packages have
been updated.