[csw-maintainers] SSL warnings in svn:externals-driven directories

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 13:59:13 CET 2009

I've noticed that svn:externals use a short version of SourceForge
domain, sf.net. It causes svn to complain about non-matching SSL
certificates and asks for confirmation when checking out gar
svn:externals. I have a prepared svn change which changes all
instances of sf.net into sourceforge.net. I'm not aware of any major
problems that it might cause. I tested it locally and it Just Works,
"svn update" completes successfully after the change.

The change is small in a sense that it boils down to sedding through
svn:externals and replacing sf.net with sourceforge.net. The change is
big in a sense that it touches most of <pkg>/trunk directories. I
decided to ask for opinions before submitting.

An example:

maciej at vsol01 pkg $ svn diff openssl

Property changes on: openssl/trunk
Name: svn:externals
   - gar https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/gar/v2

   + gar https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/gar/v2

Does anyone object to this change? If not, I'm going to submit it tomorrow.