[csw-maintainers] CSWautogen and texinfo sbin/mkdirentries

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 23 17:31:13 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 09:56:35AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 23.03.2009 um 09:26 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> CSWtexinfo is in GAR, isn't it? In this case whats the causal link
>> between that and this? Maybe the custom script should not be in
>> CSWtexinfo --- it's a helper for OpenCSW.
>
> Programs dropping .info-files in the directory for texinfo needs to
> register these pages in the texinfo startpage.

The texinfo start page?? dont know what that means. but never mind please
keep reading...

> This can either be
> done on a per-package basis with cswclassutils (I already filed
> a feature request in cswclassutils) which is also the best solution

I agree.

As the texinfo maintainer, I think that you should actually be the one to
write the class script, and then contribute it to cswclassutils :)

The cswclassutils package is merely a collection point for MULTIPLE
maintainers to contribute scripts to. Currently, both Peter and I
contribute scripts to it. There's always room for more ;-)