[csw-maintainers] A place for other project-related code

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 23 17:48:05 CET 2009

2009/3/23 William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net>:
> Hi
>>
>> I planned to put this in
>>  <http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gar/index.php?title=GAR_Tutorial>
>> Do you think it is necessary to put the files again in template dirs?
>
> It is useful to be able to checkout the files from the svn. But it is not
> really mandatory...
>
> Personaly i would appreciate to have it.

Yes, it could make a nice tutorial, in which checking code out of
subversion would be a part of the exercise. Another use would be a
handful of examples, which could be used to illustrate some specific
functionality of mGAR. Sometimes, people who do tutorials see the
parts, but miss a tiny bit which is required to make the whole thing
work. Being able to fetch a complete working version helps in such
situations.

One more usage I can think of is using those (minimal) examples as a
kind of test suite, which could be used to verify that changes done in
mGAR don't break functionality.