[csw-maintainers] linking against libraries in /usr/sfw

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 24 11:25:42 CET 2009

On 24/03/09, 10:06:26, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] linking against libraries in /usr/sfw:

> >> My package apcupsd would support usb, but this is only available on
> >> Solaris 10 and libusb is in /usr/sfw.
> >
> > See CSWlibgphoto2 and CSWsaneback for example.  These have separate
> > Solaris 10 packages that link to /usr/sfw/lib/libusb.so.

> How does this go with a central NFS-Share for Solaris 8 and Solaris 10?

Easily answered: it doesn't.

> There are some packages that have dispatch-scripts similar to isaexec
> to differentiate between multiple Solaris versions. Should this be
> standard or are separate packages for Solaris 8 / 10 the preferred
> way?

isaexec doesn't handle OS rev; such a program could be created.

For libraries only it's possible with $OSREL dynamic link token [1] but
in the examples it means most of the package is duplicated (and their
executables are not handled), for simple cases it might be appropriate.

James.

Refs:
1. http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/806-0641/6j9vuqukj?a=view