[csw-maintainers] Double CSWcommon dependencies on GAR builds

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 24 18:01:43 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 05:52:17PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> I found that GAR added common for all packages and also perl for cpan
> packages so I just stopped adding them as deps, otherwise I got double
> lines of them. Isn't that what is happening?

Hmm...
i thought the theory was, that
EITHER you let gar find the dependancies "automatically"
OR you explicitly specify dependancies, and gar leaves depend alone.

If the latter isnt happening... sounds like that's what the bug is.
In principle, gar should leave depend file alone if one is provided,
 shouldnt it?

(it's fine to WARN about missing stuff, but it shouldnt mess with
 a maintainer-supplied file,I should think)