[csw-maintainers] help from mGar gods requested

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 25 16:21:26 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Am 25.03.2009 um 01:48 schrieb Mike Watters:
>> I have just one more obstacle to over come for the gcc packages.
>> I am using a "custom" merge script for the amd64 support.  my dilemma is
>> how do I create the links to isaexec in $(bindir) without using
>> BUILD64 option.
>> using dynamic prototypes.
>>
>> any help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> I have the test results in my home dir for the amd64/i386 merge
>
> I don't understand how your merging works. Usually you build the
> sourcetree multiple times (the so-called "modulations" over some
> variables, here GAROSREL). These are then installed to separate
> directories and then merged together to $(PKGROOT), which is
> a direct image of the files in the package.
>
> Anyway, you can just set
>   ISAEXEC_FILES = /opt/csw/gcc4/bin/gcc ...
> and build your package and everything should work.
>
> If you want to know how this works:
>
> <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.mk#L519>
>

> Best regards
>
>   -- Dago

Here is how the merge works  ** note this is for amd/i386 only, sparc is "normal" **

first I override the merge using
MERGE_SCRIPTS_isa-i386 = amd   # files/gar_override.mk
the merge is as follows:  # files/amd_merge.mk

merge-dirs
	uses ginstall to create pkgroot and pkgroot/bindir/i386 and pkgroot/bindir/amd64
merge-i386
	uses pax and copies the "common" directory contents to pkgroot
	uses pax to copy installdir/bindir/* to pkgroot/bindir/i386
	create hard links to the os-branded binaries in isabin
merge-amd
	uses pax and copies the os-branded dirs to pkgroot
	uses pax to copy the amd64 dirs to pkgroot
	uses pax to copy installdir/bindir/* to pkgroot/bindir/amd64
	create hard liks to the os-branded binaries in isabin
merge-strip
	uses stripbin to strip the binaries

inside of an ifeq ($(shell uname -p),i386)
I have tried using ISAEXEC_FILES = $(bindir)/file
I currently have it setup to be ISAEXEC_FILES_CSWpkgname = /opt/csw/gcc4/bin/{file}

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist