[csw-maintainers] netsnmp perl (A bit of a problem, help wanted)

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 26 11:42:58 CET 2009

Mike Watters wrote:

> something to check.
> make sure you are infact using the perl in /opt/csw
> usually this issue crops up when trying to install from the system perl.
> i.e.
> /opt/csw/bin/perl Makefile.PL  instead of perl Makefile.PL

Well, the problem wasn't even related to what Dago thought, and yes, I
was using the correct perl.
The problem was simply that the generated makefiles (togheter with my
LD_OPTIONS) causes the linker to pick netsnmp libraries from /opt/csw
instead of the newly compiled.

Anyway, I still have a problem with LD_OPTIONS, I've tried to set it to
"" in the makefile (using "LD_OPTIONS=" plus "export LD_OPTIONS"), but
as long as I have it set in my environment, the build fails.
If I do a "unset LD_OPTIONS" before the build, it works just fine.
Anyone know of a way to "unset" LD_OPTIONS from the makefile?

This is my current makefile:
http://gar.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/netsnmp/trunk/Makefile