[csw-maintainers] netsnmp package, policy question

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 26 11:55:05 CET 2009

I'm about to finalize the netsnmp package and have a question.
The currently released package doesn't include either perl or python
modules, but I've managed to build both of them and have some questions.

What is the standard regarding perl and/or python modules for packages,
are those to be packaged in separate packages or is it ok to put them
with the main package? (I guess separate, but have to ask)
Secondly, regarding python packages, the netsnmp install puts python
stuff in /opt/csw/lib/python2.6/site-packages, but I've seen other
packages put their stuff in /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages (it could
be caused by pysetuptools which have its stuff there and which is used
by netsnmp install), is both ok?