[csw-maintainers] netsnmp package, policy question

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 26 15:28:18 CET 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:55:05AM +0100, Roger H�kansson wrote:
>> What is the standard regarding perl and/or python modules for packages,
>> are those to be packaged in separate packages or is it ok to put them
>> with the main package? (I guess separate, but have to ask)
>
> depends.
> If they are useless without the main package, then may as well keep them in
> the main package.
>
> Unless they are very bulky, in which case, splitting them out would be nice
> for those people who dont need it, but do need the main package.

The perl stuff consists of 9 .pm files, 14 .bs/.ix files and 7 .so files
linked to libraries in the main package, totally 30 files and 464k

The python stuff consists of 4 .pyc files, 4 .py files and a .so file
linked to libraries in the main package (plus 4 text files which contain
configurational info), totally 13 files and 84k.

The main package consists of 560 files (including perl and python
files), totally 9160k