[csw-maintainers] file location for our svc/smf stuff

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 26 18:50:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 02:39:05PM +0100, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> > So... where should we put things that currently live in
> > /opt/csw/var/svc/manifest?
>
> For cswclassutils we have already chosen:
>
> /var/opt/csw/svc/method
> /var/opt/csw/svc/manifest

well.. that's where we generate files dynamically, on a *specific* local
system.

However, I think that it is a slightly different case, when the maintainer
needs to explicitly package manifest and method files, putting them in
a pkg prototype definition..

For example, the "shared across zones" example.

cswclassutils works across zones, becuase it is a class action that
generates the files. The class action will run for each zone.

Unfortunately, a 'static prototype file entry' will NOT.
/var/opt is local to a specific machine, and should never be shared
across zones.

So, we need the 'static prototype file entry' case to live
somewhere under /opt/csw.