[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] clusterssh-3.25 in testing

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 11:01:49 CET 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 27.03.2009 um 10:54 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Peter Bonivart
> <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
>> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> By the way, I know that packages usually have their maintainers - is
>>> it considered inappropriate to commit upgrades to other people's
>>> packages? I guess for packages such as openssl or mysql it is --
>>> What
>>> about minor utilities such as this one?
>>
>> I think you should file an upgrade bug in Mantis first. Most
>> maintainers use their own packages and keep it up to date but if they
>> don't respond you can post on the maintainers list about taking over
>> the package.
>
> I didn't intend to take over the package;

If you build the package you take it over. AFAIK there is some
kind of automatism on the release-side that changes the owner
e. g. on http://www.opencsw.org/packages/clusterssh on package
release.

> I just felt I would spend
> more time on Mantis than it took me to just up the package version and
> build it. Of course, I can stop doing that and use Mantis instead.

It is more formal, but also more polite :-) If the maintainer
didn't fix it in a reasonable timeframe you can still take it
over.