[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] clusterssh-3.25 in testing

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 27 16:05:42 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 27.03.2009 um 15:52 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:
>>> I didn't intend to take over the package;
>>
>> If you build the package you take it over. AFAIK there is some
>> kind of automatism on the release-side that changes the owner
>> e. g. on http://www.opencsw.org/packages/clusterssh on package
>> release.
>
> Since when this policy is in effect? Was it announced somewhere?

AFAIK it was already the case when I joined two years ago.

>>> I just felt I would spend
>>> more time on Mantis than it took me to just up the package version
>>> and
>>> build it. Of course, I can stop doing that and use Mantis instead.
>>
>> It is more formal, but also more polite :-) If the maintainer
>> didn't fix it in a reasonable timeframe you can still take it
>> over.
>
> For security fixes I could understand that but for minor ones?

We did talk about package tiers at the meeting:
   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/suggestions>
When peer-maintenance on tiered-package-groups comes in effect the
current process must be changed. But currently only the maintainer
should release updated versions or a takeover will take place
(which doesn't need to be bad btw.)