[csw-maintainers] build8x problems

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Mar 27 16:31:20 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:18:40AM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:

> OK, zone was a bad term,  I am going to try virtual box
> running inside a solaris 10 zone.  I have no idea if I can get it to work.
> but I haven't quite given myself a concussion yet so I keep persevering.

wierd.... I would hae thought that running virtualbox requires more raw
access to hardware, and installing drivers.
cant do that in a zone... but I guess virtualbox is different. weeeird.

BTW from the usermanual, it would seem to emulate RECENT network cards.
cards that sol8 wont know about :) but you may be able to tweak
the solaris configs to have sol8 treat the intel pro/1000 like an intel pro/100

Ahhh, Configuration Assistant, how i've missed you...