[csw-maintainers] Separate package versions when building multiple packages (was Re: [csw-users] How to merge multiple source trees into one package)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 28 18:04:25 CET 2009

Mike Watters wrote:
> Sebastian Kayser wrote:
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>> All things from DISTFILES are extracted and can then be compiled
>>> and installed. Or do you need multiple versions of the same
>>> package? Please check in your material so we can have a look
>>> at it.
>> I have something similar with dovecot. There is a sieve plugin that
>> should be compiled against the dovecot sources, so that's what i do
>> within one Makefile: Build dovecot and the sieve plugin.
>
>> https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/dovecot/trunk/Makefile
>
>> Apart from the fact that it doesn't look nice i just realized that the
>> sieve plugin package needs to have a different version number than the
>> dovecot package. Is there any way to define a separate version number
>> for one package out of $(PACKAGES)?
>
> I have a similar issue with Alpine.
> alpine will have 3 packages, CSWalpine CSWalpine-web and CSWimap
> I will need a way to version the imap accordingly.

Mike, i have put together a workaround for the version issue. The
package that needs a version != $(GARVERSION) is CSWdovecot-sieve.

1) Exclude CSWdovecot-sieve from the regular packaging

NOPACKAGE = CSWdovecot-sieve

2) Add a post-package target that packages only CSWdovecot-sieve with
an adjusted version number.

package-sieveplugin:
	@gmake -o post-package \
		NOPACKAGE="CSWdovecot CSWdovecotdevel" SPKG_VERSION=1.1.6 \
		repackage
	@$(MAKECOOKIE)

post-package: package-sieveplugin
	@$(MAKECOOKIE)

See [1] for the full Makefile. Btw. is CSWimap the UW imapd? Would
that be part of the CSWalpine build or vice versa?

Sebastian

[1] https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/dovecot/trunk/Makefile