[csw-maintainers] libtool

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Mar 30 00:33:34 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:18:34PM +0200, Roger Håkansson wrote:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>
>> After re-reading your post I propose to use the standard-process:
>>
>> - release libgsf to current
>> - request installation on the buildfarm
>> - build and release libgsf-gnome
>
> Seems a bit over the top to split a small package consisting of two
> libraries, some header files and documentation into two packages where
> the libgsf-gnome only would consist of the lib and 5 header files.
>
> And then we have the problem of the current packages depending on libgsf
> but where they need libgsf-gnome...

how about quoting some specific package sizes?

it's not the number of files that's important, it's the size of the
resulting packages (and how realistic it is, that someone would want to use
the pure libgsf, without libgsf_gnome)

and what is the use of "Libgsf" without "gnome bits", when the software
itself is described as "gnome structured file library" ?

 you have a point about current dependancies.
there are 10, and some of them are "large".