[csw-maintainers] php5 packaging

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue May 5 20:17:48 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Tue May 05 14:09:07 -0400 2009:
> Using transition packages? A transition package serves as a temporary
> package, offering 1:1 content, having the same name as the one
> transitioned. Of course, after the transition, the package disappears or
> has a lesser surface.

So have an empty package named php5 that depends on php5core,
php5session, etc?  Then stop updating php5 at some point in the
future?  That works, but leaves the dangling (although harmless) php5
empty package.  Is there a way to handle it other than this?

I like the extra granularity that Mike introduced, but if users break
their setups (or waste time sorting it out, anyway), they may not be
very happy.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.