[csw-maintainers] issue when trying to provide a python binding

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri May 8 20:51:19 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri May 08 14:44:33 -0400 2009:
> this is a problem. if ruby Can be built with studio, it Should be built
> with it.

The ruby build fails with studio but passes with with gcc.  It's an
issue of the (somewhat nasty) way that Makefiles are generated for
some of the extensions (without auto*).  These are done on the fly, so
it wasn't a simple post-configure step.  It ends up passing flags to
ld that ld doesn't like.  I wasn't able to nail it down, but didn't
fight it too hard, either.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.