[csw-maintainers] X11, Cairo, Pango and GTK+

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun May 10 23:20:39 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:45:42PM +0200, William Bonnet wrote:
> I don't agree with the argument of  "well, the other person will update
> it...". We are going to create team of twenty persons, and communication
> will be easy.

communication IS easy. responsability (in an organization consisting of
unpaid people) is hard.

> follow i think (and maybe kde). I am right now fixing bugs on firefox
> and finishing TB package in GAR, but it takes time, a lot of time, and i
> may be overloaded some time when it comes to release some security fix.
> I would appreciate someone else than me could do it.

that is doable. ON the flip side, that does not require having group
"ownership" of an individual package.
all that is required, is being known as an oficial member of "the gnome
team", and then for the release manager (ie: me) to allow automatic
takeover of gnome packages, between gnome team members.