[csw-maintainers] Issues with openjade when compiling glib 1.3.15

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed May 13 19:19:01 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed May 13 13:07:17 -0400 2009:
> Nice detective work. So then, sounds like jade needs to be recompiled, so
> that it doesnt use the '..' by default?

I suspect the issue is deeper than that...in fact, I just confirmed
it.  I made a second directory nesting that required placing ../../ in
front of the input file.  The truss output now shows (on a failed
run):

open("/opt/csw/etc/sgml/../../catalog", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT

With a fully qualified input, I tried to open catalog from the fully
qualified directory of the input file.

It's using the prefix from the input file for some reason.  I'm not
100% positive that it's even a bug, simply because something _this_
silly should have shown up ages ago and been fixed.  That, and they do
provide a method to directly supply the catalog file path via the
environment.

If I have time, I'll see if this is a known or intended issue.  If
it's a known or unknown bug, I _might_ spend time fixing it, but not
necessarily.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.